Monday, August 24, 2009

More on the White Family

The photo is of our GGG-Grandmother, Mary White, taken in the late 1800's. This is where we begin the line of the White family. Mary White married William Head Pearson at the age of 16 in April 1807 in Elberton Georgia.The Campbells reading this may be interested to know that William Head Pearson was born in Laurens South Carolina just a short distance down the road from where we all grew up. Mary & William had three sons, Daniel, James Madison, and Jesse Marion Pearson.

When I was younger I remember my mother telling me about her membership in the Daughters of the American Revolution. She had told me about a young Private in the Virginia Militia from whom we were descended. Jesse White was always the name I had remembered. He was the father of Mary White pictured here. Born July 18, 1758.

Cousin Art you almost got us there in your earlier post. Jesse White was the son of Celia Page & Henry White. That is our connection to the Whites.

One other interesting fact of this line is that I believe that the name of James Madison Pearson comes through this line. Mary's Father Jesse would have almost certainly would have known James Madison as they both lived in Orange County VA. I do not know if there was a relationship but the name of James Madison Pearson shows for the first time 1 year after James Madison's Presidency ended.

Incidentally Mary White lived to the ripe old age of 91 years. Her grave can be found in Scott County Mississippi at the Old Cash Baptist Church cemetery.
Posted by Picasa

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger you are what you read said...

Great story, but I am confused as I believe Jesse White to be Captain Jacob White.See my article on meanwhile back in the colonies.

August 27, 2009  
Blogger George Campbell said...

Art,

I believe they were separate. Possibly brothers.. I will research tonight.

August 27, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home